Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Meanness?

I'm typing this post from my plane to VEGAS and I still can't get over that you can have internet in the sky. I mean where is the wifi coming from? The clouds? Regardless, it's awesome, because there are still 2 more hours on the flight (how is that possbile waaah?!!) and the person in the row across from me is snoring so loud I can't put it into words. You know how I feel about snoring. Close. Your. Mouth.

But anyway, this gives me time to write a little blog post. It's short, not so sweet, but ends with free stuff so I figured it could had a place on this blog. Being that it is March Madness weekend, the collections of 40-something-year-old men trying to relive their college days is high on this flight. Maybe they are super rich and successful and feel entitled, but they are being so rude. The kind of rude that makes you uncomfortable and want to punch someone. Case in point: After putting up his carry-on suitcase into the overhead, the dude across from me asked the stewardess to also throw up his tiny lap top bag (despite the announcement just made that people should wait on small items until everyone has boarded and loaded their luggage). She repeated this mantra to him and he insisted his bag was small and pointed to a spot she could squeeze it into. She begrudgingly, but politely agreed, to which he responded, "Thank you, now you are being helpful". I actually watched her collect herself and try to remain calm so she didn't say something rude. Or slap him. She should have, he really deserved a good slap. She and I made eye contact, shared a "people are complete idiots smile", and we've been besties every since.

The moral of the story is that kindness goes a long way. Including all the way to a free rum and coke. Extra stiff. WITH a lime. Thank you Delta! Get over yourself 9E.

No comments:

Post a Comment